Pitt Volleyball's European Tour
Although their campaign has concluded, if you would still like to make a donation to the Pitt Volleyball Team, you may always do so here.
The Pitt Volleyball Team will be traveling to play in Italy and Greece this summer as part of a European Tour. Help support the team as they pursue this opportunity of a lifetime!
The Pitt volleyball team is preparing to embark on an international educational and athletic adventure this spring, but needs your help to make it happen. Coming off back-to-back 20-win seasons and with the number of high-caliber teams around the world increasing as the game has grown globally, our Panthers want a chance to test themselves against the best on the international stage. In addition to a high-level athletic experience, the team will also have an amazing educational opportunity to explore museums and historical landmarks in Italy and Greece.
Current student-athletes who have had the opportunity to compete with US Volleyball select teams abroad have come back raving about the experiences they had, and the benefits they received from competition in the region. Coach Fisher has also had tremendous experiences coaching in the international scene, particularly from his recent Pan-American Games stint with the US National Team in 2015, where he helped lead the team to a gold medal finish.
Pictured: Amanda Orchard (Senior, Lake Zurich, Ill.), a nominee for the 2015 Senior CLASS award and Preseason All-ACC Nominee
On this tour, Pitt will first travel to Italy where they will make stops in Milan and Rome to face some of the best competition in that region, and then continue on to Greece, home of current Pitt volleyball player Maria Genitsaridi and 2016 NLI signee Zoi Faki. The Panthers will have the chance to showcase and improve their skills, while competing against different styles of play at the highest level of competition and continuing to build chemistry leading into the 2016 season in the ACC.
Pictured: Members of the 2015 Pitt Volleyball Team and Coaching Staff in Market Square this August.
How You Can Help:
It’s the opportunity of a lifetime for these student-athletes, and a chance for them to grow both on and off the court. This trip will mark the first time that Pitt Volleyball has competed on the European continent since 2007, and only the third time since the turn of the century. All donations are truly appreciated and we can’t thank you enough for your generous support.
Feel free to browse our giving levels, which give examples of the difference your donation can make for a student-athlete:
- $25- Your support at this level helps us move one step closer to our goals. Thank you so much for your support!!
- $50-Your support at this level will provide for one cultural educational excursion for a student-athlete during the tour.
- $75- Your support at this level will help provide the sports medicine materials that will be needed for the tour for one student-athlete.
- $100- Your support at this level will help provide new jerseys, practice apparel, and necessary equipment for one student-athlete.
- $250- Your support at this level will help secure ground transportation for the duration of the tour for one student-athlete.
- $500- Your support at this level will help provide meals for the duration of the tour for one student-athlete.
- $1,000- Your support at this level will secure lodging for the duration of the tour for one student-athlete.
- $2,000- Your support at this level will help provide airfare for the duration of the tour for one student-athlete.
Thank you for your donation and Hail to Pitt!