Although their campaign has concluded, if you would still like to make a donation to the Society of Women Engineers you may always do so here.
Who We Are:
Pitt SWE supports the key values of societal SWE, which are Aspire, Advance, Achieve.
Aspire: Pitt SWE hosts numerous outreach events for various age groups to encourage children and young adults to pursue a career in STEM fields, while also educating parents on how to help them along their path.
Advance: Pitt SWE strives to empower women to advance and succeed in the field of engineering through leadership and career development events.
Achieve: Pitt SWE provides female (and male) students with opportunities to network within the field of engineering, academically, professionally, and become involved in an international society. We hope to be a strong support group and an encouraging community for females in STEM fields on campus and to provide them with the resources they need to succeed.
The annual societal conference is not only a chance for us to network with other collegiate and professionals, but for us to grow as individuals. At the conference, there are hundreds of sessions and companies. It is a great way to get a co-op, internship, or full-time job. If you aren't looking for a job, you can attend sessions on a multitude of subjects. Topics cover everything from career life and transitioning to K-12 outreach. Additionally, the conference is a great way to bond with the other girls who are active members of Pitt SWE. The conference provides a priceless experience for those members who attend. Since the conference is in Philly next year, we want to bring more people than ever. We can only accomplish our goal with your help!
Benefits to attending the National Conference (WE16):
- Huge career fair (250 companies)!
- (internship, co-op, and job opportunities for all majors)
- Professional sessions (career development)
- Unlimited networking opportunities (8,000 collegiate & professionals)
- Companies recruit for:
- Civil Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
Where Your Donation Goes:
- Hotel: $200 for 4 nights (4 girls per room)
- Transportation: $50 (dividing up for fuel & parking; 4 girls per car)
- Registration Fee: $90
- Opening Keynote: $10
- Celebrate SWE!: $30 (Last year we won the Outstanding Collegiate Section Award and the Collegiate Membership Recruitment award)
Total for one attendee: $380
To send 20 women: $7,600
Conference Session Tracks:
- Career and Life Transitions
- Designing Your Dream Job
- Resume Review
- Salary Negotiations
- The Do's and Do Not's of Interviewing
- Career Fair Advice
- Career Enhancement
- Negotiating with Confidence
- Find the Job You Love
- Managing Difficult Conversations
- Academics and Graduate Students
- Finding and Being a Mentor in Grad School
- Creating Meaningful Learning Experiences
- Strategies for Obtaining Your First Academic Position
- Careers in Government and Military
- How to Apply Using USAJobs
- Inclusion and Cultural Awareness
- Introverts and Extroverts in Our Technical World
- Women of Color, Warriors of Light: Developing Emerging Leaders in Engineering
- Innovation in Technology and Business
- Patents - Offensive and Defensive Strategy for Engineers
- Approaches to Innovation
- K-12 Outreach
- Engage. Excite. Empower: A New Outreach Experience
- How YOU can Encourage Young Women Today to Become STEM leaders