And that’s a wrap on the first annual Kappa Delta Pi 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run!
My name is Katie Spence and I am the Vice President of Kappa Delta Pi. Over the past seven months, our members have been working tirelessly to make this 5K possible and on Sunday we finally were able to accomplish our goal!
The weather on the morning of the 5K was rainy, but the weather channel informed us that the storms would clear up around 7:00. Our members went to Schenley Park to set up water stations, mark the course, and work on their assigned jobs. Our 5K went off without a hitch, and then the storms picked up again. Unfortunately, due to the weather, we were unable to hold the 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk.
Despite the crazy weather, the 5k and raffle were a huge success! Special congratulations to our first place winners: For the men, Ian P. came in first with a time of 20:26 and for the women, Jaclyn A. came in first with a time of 22:58.
Kappa Delta Pi wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who made this whole thing such a success. We appreciate every single one of you!
- Thank you to all of our wonderful donors who helped us fund the event, this would not be possible without you.
- Thank you to the 100+ runners and walkers for coming out to the Anderson Shelter despite the crazy weather. We can’t have a race without participants!
- Thank you to all of the wonderful people who signed up and donated to A+ Schools. Thanks to all of you we raised $1,545 for this wonderful organization!
- Thank you to everyone who donated to our raffle. The prizes were loved by all!
- Thank you to everyone who helped work the event. Our volunteers never stopped smiling even when they were soaking wet!
Lastly, a special shout out goes to our fundraising chair, Alex Keller. Alex has worked so incredibly hard over the past seven months to make this all possible. Without her, the 5K would have just been an idea that was thrown around at our chapter meetings. You rock, Alex!
I am so excited to see what is ahead for this event. Thank you all again for everything you have done to support us. We could not have done it without YOU!