Stacks for Pitt Women's Lax 2017
Although their campaign has concluded, if you would still like to make a donation to Women's Club Lacrosse, you may always do so here.
The Current Team
The 2016-2017 Lady Panthers have high hopes for an incredibly successful spring coming off of a great fall-ball season. We fought hard and had some amazing games against NCAA Division I, II, and III teams. We took this time to come together as a team, and also have been implementing another extremely talented group of freshmen and new players.
A special thank you goes out to all the family members who came to support us and contribute to our delicious tailgates!
As members of a large regionally-based conference and an even larger national organization, we travel to different tournaments throughout the spring season to compete with the best. Since we are a club team at the University, we receive limited funds from our Student Government Board. We work to off-set the remaining costs through player dues and fundraising efforts, like team nights at our local Chipotle and canning at Steelers, Pirates, and Penguin games ~rain or shine, freezing or tropical temps~, but it simply is not enough. This is where we need your help and support!
Without support from our family, friends, alumni, and fans, we will not be able to attend these necessary tournaments and attain new victories. We hope to attend four major tournaments in the spring, provided we qualify for Regionals and Nationals.
1. Santa Barbara Shootout- February 17 - 19, 2017 At Santa Barbara Polo Club
This tournament is the opening tournament of WCLA play and one of our most important. The distance requires a flight, so this tournament is our most expensive, costing about $15,000. This cost includes:
- Round trip airfare from Pittsburgh to Los Angeles for 24 people
- Three nights in a hotel for 24 people
- Tournament fees
- Ground transportation from the Los Angeles airport, to games, and back to our hotel.
2. Akron, OH. We will play 3 games in Akron, Ohio this year, requiring an overnight stay.
- Transportation to and from for 24 people
- Two nights in a hotel for 24 people
3. WCLL Regionals- April 14-15 Pontiac, Michigan
This is a tournament that we have to qualify for, but historically have attended every year for the past 10 years.
- Transportation to and from Michigan for 24 people
- One night in a hotel for 24 people
4. WCLA Nationals in.....SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH !!!!!
Again, our team must qualify for this tournament. While we are absolutely pumped to work towards attending Nationals in Salt Lake City, Utah, with high excitement comes a hefty price-tag. This tournament is expected to cost us over $15,000, making it the most expensive Nationals in years. Winning Nationals is our #1 goal, and we can't get there without your generous support.
- Round trip airfare from Pittsburgh to Salt Lake City for 24 people
- Four nights in the WCLA mandated hotel for 24 people
- National Tournament fees
How You Can Help
There are many ways you can help your favorite Lady Panthers be successful this season! These include, but are not limited to, $$$ donations $$$, spreading the word, sharing our link, and cheering us on as we start a season that is sure to be filled with many triumphs.
Thank you so much from all of Pitt Women's Lacrosse, and as always, Hail to Pitt!
A few of our current Lady Panthers taking on a successful fall-ball tournament at Seton Hill!